facebook Twitter youtube linkedin pinterest instagram

Monday, March 12, 2012

Birthday Blues

Turning  an year older is not so much fun anymore.Even if i try counting my blessing it sounds like a strong affirmation.
Maybe it is the society or the universe that i am associated to which makes me not so happy about the fact.
Yes it is a fact!even if i mockingly say "Age is just a number"

I turn 26 in less than 26 hrs.....what do i feel about it ...Sheer sorrow!!!

Birthdays make you feel old overnight!somehow they just manage to make you feel miserable.I forgot the birthday of a best friend from school.A panic stricken situation that it is, i call the next day,thanks to the other best friend who reminded me.

All set to confront my angry complaining friend i finally did call her.The response being Im happy these days if someone forgets the special day.

I suddenly feel like i have entered a body which is not mine.It given me aches when i lift weights!i was never like that !I boasted i had a naturally gifted healthy body  with no amount of flab.I could just flaunt it without faking it.

Hair i could keep it long and short whenever i wanted it.Now if i have it short, it fails to grow !

Lift weights,exercise and survive without food and still be fit and fine.today it is a dream.
Yes there are signs of aging , single friends are just countable, its a marriage season for all the school friends and baby boom for all my college friends.



I drive cars with much more attention ,do not speak on the phone while doing so and wait patiently at the signal without fidgeting


I can cook for 20 people alone ,throw parties  and make sure all are attended to.


I hide my grey hair before getting out of home!I need the support of spectacles for clear vision.
I still haven't graduated in bra size!I get back pains and need compulsory sleep and good home food not to fall ill.I eat adult dosages for medicines.Every high school boy calls me "Aunty"every cosmetic store salesperson tries to sell an anti aging cream.Every random person ask suggests me that i get married.And I am single and stay all by myself!

I really need some affirmations!!!Happy birthday to myself 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Minu,

    Just don't know what to say - the thoughts mirror my state of mind as well. As we always do - let us hope for a better tomorrow :)

    Best wishes,
    Mahesh

    ReplyDelete