facebook Twitter youtube linkedin pinterest instagram

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Is being happy one of your Hobbies ?


I recently picked up a complete new liking to being happy.
I had to do a few preparatory steps before I started practicing this new hobby.

Step one  :- I had to make my life clutter free. This includes things, people, thoughts, food and everything you could possibly think of.
From a health check up to setting a correct diet to ample exercise, I documented it all. Added exercises to my regular back stretches for toning. I should never say I did not work towards looking younger when I turn 30.

A complete change in Diet to reduce alcohol, maida, chocolates ,excess sugar and instead add multiple small meals, fruits and lots and lots of liquids in my diet.
A beautiful skin and hair to suit the body you are living in. The day ends with a glass of water and multivitamins.

Sleep was improvised with cleanest of linens, right room temperature , phones charged and put away, a recap of the day gone by and a short prayer of gratitude for letting us live the wonderful life that we are all lead.

Experimentation in cooking and frequency of cooking “Authethic Malayali Syrian Christian” cuisine at home has shown a climb on the graph. Absolutely no eating out!

Step two :  I decided to stay away from people who really doesn’t matter and went closer to the ones who mattered. Best friends from school, college and work. People I have shared deepest of secrets, tears and laughs, the ones who did not access or judge.
Stayed low profile and remained inaccessible to many. I was hardly seen at a social do, outing, social networking sights, even from my own blog.
I never gave opinions about anyone nor did I take any. I did not reply to ones who had to give their constant opinions about things I never asked for.  I did not answer the ones who waited for me to breathe to bring me up in a conversation to spice up their otherwise mediocre lives.

Step three :-I kept work to work. One day the business was not what your boss expected I believed it was not the end of life. I shut my work the moment I stepped out of my office. I disabled work emails on my phone. In the last few months if you have not got a reply from me, I honestly don't care much. If I have spent time with you I love you the way I have always loved you. I made a plan to live each day in a better way and better than how I lived yesterday.

Step four.

I realised that the only way to be Happy is love yourself and nobody will love you if you don’t show them how you want to be loved. I love myself more , I love my loved ones better, I let go gracefully and I’m at peace with objects from my past. Things from past are objects that don’t exist. The only things that exist are catalysts of happiness.
Im loved more, im surprised more, im hugged more, im being gifted more, im seen smiling more...


4 comments:

  1. May only happiness, sunshine, smiles and cheer remain :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks boys @ganesh & @mahesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. good one.. sad that i started following ur blogs only now. keep traveling, blogging and spread happiness..:)

    ReplyDelete