facebook Twitter youtube linkedin pinterest instagram

Monday, October 27, 2014

When happiness used to come to us naturally ...!


It has come to a point where basic emotion like happiness needs to be induced in us like how motivation and encouragement is.

As kids we used to find pleasure in a flower, a sparkler, a small bar of chocolate, running around bare feet in grass and getting your feet wet in a puddle.
Today it has come to a point where we need to take a 100 happy day challenge, read a book on how to stay happy and satisfied and take an art of Living Happiness program to stay merry.

I recently met a college friend and he pointed out that my happiness is not an effortless one. Could have been a stressful day at work, a steaming argument with friends or family, household chores. I gave the thought a pass.

Later this became a common thing that i have started losing my cheer.I pass by a mirror and smile. I can feel the movement of muscle on my face and it actually hurts to smile. I am tucked in way too comfortably in my comfort zone to let a friend come home and share a drink and laugh. It was so much easier many years before to pick up the phone and make a call to your friends. Write letters.
My email id is only a point of contact for companies to sell a product or a service. Not even 1 in 40 email was a short note from your friend. I even miss a forwarded message from friends from schools and colleges.

If i feel stressed out and unhappy i quickly Google "Foods that keep us happy" and peel a banana to eat or force eat a bar of chocolate.
Life has come to a point where Google gives solutions to all our questions.
That one day I look up in the sky and see the stars and moon is a celebrated picture on Instagram.

I really miss the effortless smile, best friend zone, laugh till stomach aches nights.






3 comments:

  1. well i always get people who ask me why are you looking so happy? what is there to be happy about when you are getting pretty much the same amount of *bs* at work that we do? and you know what i just cant explain to them why i look/sound happy when all around me my colleagues are getting stressed and morose. in my more honest moments i reflect that maybe its because i have paused my emotional development at my teen years and like any happy teen i look forward to the next day with scarcely a thought for what happened today....as they say - hope is eternal and i guess i am the biggest sucker in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Ganesh....Being too happy is never a curse. Embrace it as you do always

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did write you a mail Minu (on June 22nd), but you chose to ignore it :( It's okay... even I didn't expect a reply....as long as you are happy.

    ReplyDelete