facebook Twitter youtube linkedin pinterest instagram

Monday, October 27, 2014

My Eulogy!

I am not sure who would read my Eulogy...I have always wondered
A very dear friend, my little niece (who will not be any little then as I aspire to live over a 100 years) or a neighbour!

I do not want any of you to cry at my funeral. Come and go with the same spirit I lived my life with.

Do not kiss my forehead if you do not want to as I vividly remember being forced to kiss the cold foreheads of grand uncles and distant relatives who used to haunt my being as a child.I do not want fragrant oils to anoint my head as the reality of death is as smelly as my rotting body.

I have lived a pleased life on earth and my death is received with all grace and the biggest farewell gift you could give me a fabulous farewell with smiles and not tears. I strongly believe that I will be suffocated in the other world not being able to tell you the grace and glory which my new life holds.
Well that means if you cry for me it will be equivalent to you being jealous of my accomplishment.

This is a moment of gratitude:-
A platform to thank my pure existence in the world!
Meeting and interacting with each one of you has been a lesson and experience all for my benefit. Each and every person you meet in life comes in for a purpose; maybe your life's purpose was to touch someone in a positive way by a word or touch. Maybe I have touched yours too.

I want everyone to recollect one bad experience or conversation you have had with me. I believe that it will be the true acknowledgement of my Life than words of praise which I will never hear. It will be received in good humour.
Words of praise are not for memorials but to be told while you are alive and all your hatred and anguish to be reserved for after death.
Do not give me false promises that I will be remembered forever if you do not mean it.

I understand Death is easy for me and not for any of you but the biggest gift you can give me is a smile. I have always lived my life for myself and it is too much to ask for a smile from any one of you. But I desire it!










1 comment:

  1. Why this thought at this juncture I do not know.

    May there only be happiness and joy in your life.

    Death is a bridge to far away, when we need to cross it is not in our hands! As long as we can make others smile, when we are alive, and give them a reason to be joyful, irrespective of what we ask for at our funeral, there will be some tears shed en-route to the 'great unknown'.

    Keep smiling and keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete