facebook Twitter youtube linkedin pinterest instagram

Friday, March 14, 2014

Post birthday hues of blue


This year i was more or less prepared to accept Birthdays alone and turning an year older. The feeling of birthday started a day earlier as i had taken a day off from work just to be at home catch some sleep. The human capital division of our comoany sents out an emailer informing our colleagues of birthdays everyday and well here they sent it out a day in advance ( not so pardonable for someone who hides from birthdays). I kept answering calls and replied to texts and kept telling everyone to hold the thought till tomorrow.
Woke up to terrible news of my close friend's dog dying due to a dog seizure. He was much younger than my boy and much healtier and she was extremely fond of him. I was heavy hearted the whole day. 
By evening i decided to head to the parlour so that i look pretty on my birthday. Ive been wanting to watch highway since its release and i managed to get tickets for the evening show stuffing myself with buttery popcorn and soda. 
Reached back late with the satisfaction of having watched a good movie after long and catching up with this best friend from school i have managed to continue being in love even after 24 years. 
The only time i use my high dining table is  when someone visits me, which is never. I rolled out a few chappatis and a tangy paneer curry and served them piping hot. It was half an hr to go for my birthday. 
I wasnt expecting any 12 am calls as i never call anybody or even otherwise i never remember birthdays or regret not having called. 
Friends, colleagues and mostly younger cousins took the limelight of the midnight calls.

Facebook messages poured in and i felt loved and sometimes i found  it difficult to   match the pace as i replied. 
As a company policy we work half days on our birthdays and i was more than happy to do so as i had not other plans. 
My regular birthdays celebrations include baking a cake myself and visiting the orphanage  followed by church visit. All three didnt happen today which made me feel low. Church and cake because of timing, orphanage because of some unforseen expenses . Evening i managed to catch up with another friend who wanted some time off from her daily baby sitting routine.

Evening like every thursday went dancing with close friends. 

This post should answer how i celebrated my birthday. 
With over 1000 friends on social networking sites and how we add filter on photos and look extra hot in pictures i guess many of you would have imagined me partying all night long, cutting many cakes with different gangs, club hopping and walking into my workplace the next day with a heavy hangover. Well not !

Some birthday trivia - i was born on a thurday and this year too it was on a thursday :)

After many tears and years your best friend from school would be the first to support you emotionally in tough times ( like a birthday in my case)

And i have accepted it not soo bad to be turning an year older.


8 comments:

  1. expectations vs reality.......thats a nice alibi you gave for not partying with our (blogger) gang....and dont imagine we are gonna let you off that easily....your b'day celebs are just pending...not forgotten...and will be held soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you do sometheing like that? celebrating blogger's birthdays? i would love to come collect my gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doggie's passing away hurts a lot :(

    Wishing you a lovely year ahead with lots of interesting blog-posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minu, the pouring messages bear testimony to how much you are being loved by all. Birthdays should mostly be celebration of one's mind and till the time you can do that you are blessed.

    Some trivia - The background theme comes in the way of smooth reading. i actually wanted to mention it last time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @mahesh, yes it was a bad thing to happen a day before my birthday. thanks for your wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. @santhosh thanks so the read adn wishes. I have changed the template. Let me know if this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, true story! Expectations and reality contradict a lot.

    ReplyDelete